Become an Expert in STEAM Curriculum
Hone your craft as an educator and gain skills in teaching the STEAM disciplines (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) to K-12 students in this 6th一道本不卡免费高清 year program. You’ll position yourself to move into teacher leader roles, to command a higher salary in public school districts, and to continue your education further with administrative certification and/or a doctoral degree.
This Certificate of Advanced Studies—one of several offered by the Isabelle Farrington College of Education— is the first STEAM program at this level in the State of Connecticut, filling a much-needed skills gap in the region.
Who Is This Certificate For?
Designed for full-time working and licensed educators, the Certificate of Advanced Studies in STEAM Education is ideal for teachers who are interested in exploring the curricular areas of science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) rather than in becoming school principals.
Your courses are offered in a flexible, blended format of both on-campus and online to help you maintain balance between work, life, and your education.
Earn Your 6th Year Certificate in STEAM Education
Through this program, you will:
- Expand your knowledge of pedagogy and leadership principles as related to science, technology, engineering, the arts and math)
- Become a practitioner of and advocate for the application of STEAM in response to educational practices and challenges
- Deepen your knowledge of and appreciation for the political, economic, and social forces that influence the decisions of teacher leaders
The innovative curriculum includes 33 credits covering a breadth of knowledge in teaching STEAM. You’ll take a deep dive into standards, develop your inquiry and classroom practices, learn pedagogical techniques and increase your knowledge in each of the STEAM disciplines, and tackle project-based learning and engineering design in hands-on projects.
To tailor your degree further, you can also choose to gain a cross endorsement in Computer Science in the State of Connecticut by taking a 36-credit program including 4 computer science courses.
- Designed for full-time, working educators
- Blended format of both online and on-campus offers ultimate flexibility
- Become a more talented and innovative STEAM educator for students from elementary through high school
- Prepare yourself for career advancement and a pay increase in the public school system
- Build knowledge for even further graduate study, such as administrative certification and/or a doctoral degree
- The first program of its kind in Connecticut
- Can be completed in one year