Office for Diversity and Inclusion
一道本不卡免费高清Newly formed in 2019, the Office of Diversity & Inclusion’s (D&I) purpose is to lead the development and implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives supporting our plans to create learning and working environments wherein everyone – students, faculty and staff – has the chance to thrive and succeed.
D&I Mission Statement
Sacred Heart University holds a vision of diversity and inclusion—for faculty, staff, students and the community—that is rooted in the Catholic Intellectual Tradition and the liberal arts. We are committed to embracing and celebrating diversity – in all dimensions – as a necessary component of academic excellence. Our diversity and inclusion efforts will further prepare students personally, professionally, on campus and in the academic environment, to make a difference.
We aspire to achieve prominence in the Diversity space through assessment, programming and accountability that addresses campus climate; provides training of community members on engaging differences, and in recruitment, hiring and engagement practices. We will enhance our inclusion efforts in support of academic excellence, for retention of students, faculty, and staff.
一道本不卡免费高清Prospective D&I Goals for 2019
- Focus Group Discussions to gauge climate of Respect, Belonging, Empowerment and Career Progression
- Climate Survey to validate and further assess, develop baseline data and a create a Diversity Scorecard to measure progress
- Establishment of a D&I Workgroup; creation a Three-year plan for D&I
- Development of faculty/staff Special Interest Groups for D&I
- Creation and delivery of a Multicultural Competency Training Curriculum for Faculty & Staff
Examples of D&I Goals in Action
Inclusion – multicultural competency training; formal and informal special interest groups supporting retention and inclusion
Retention – mentorship for faculty; special interest groups
Recruitment – review recruitment processes and retention data; provide search committee training; resource library