General Payment Policy:
- Student Accounts may only assist students. All other parties must be identified by the student as an AUTHORIZED USER
- Students must be enrolled in a payment plan, paid in full and/or covered by Student Financial Assistance to attend a semester.
- If accounts are not paid to date, classes are subject to cancellation on a date determined by the University.
- Sacred Heart University requires that a student’s account must be current for the student’s SHU ID card to be activated.
- Students’ accounts that are not paid will be restricted from adding or dropping classes.
- Failure to meet this policy may require payment in order to register for new courses or payment in certified funds.
Full-time Undergraduate Students not enrolled in a payment plan must pay their account in full by:
- Fall semester: Payment in full is due July 1
- Spring semester: Payment in full is due December 1
- Winter & Spring Intensive semesters: Due upon registration
- Late Spring & Summer 1 semester: Payment in full is due April 20
- Summer semester 2: Payment in full is due June 1
- After due date: Payment is due at the time of registration. When payment is not received by the due date, a late fee will be assessed at the rate of .75% per month on the unpaid balance (annual rate of 9%), such charge to be computed from the due date.
Option for International Students Only:
Sacred Heart University has partnered with to streamline the process of international payments. allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, generally in your home currency. By making payment with you can track your payments from start to finish, save on bank fees and exchange rates in over 48 currencies and contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions.
- Go to
- Enter your home country & payment amount
- Review the payment options and select your preferred method
- Create your flywire account and password
- Receive and print your payment instructions
- Send payment via your preferred method
- Track your payment status online and receive email alerts each step of the way
Flywire Customer Support Contact information:
- USA Toll free +1 800 346 9252
- USA Local number +1 617 207 7076
Option 1: Online Pay in Full
- Information regarding accessing your account online
- To review your account activity, make a one-time payment or enroll in the installment payment plan using a checking or savings bank account: Access your online student account here
- International Students, review your payment options
Option 2: Check or Cash Pay in Full
If no payment plan (see Option 3 below) is elected, a bill will be issued for full payment. Billing statements are issued monthly and are available by logging in to the student's account. By request, paper statements can be mailed to the home address recorded with the University Registrar's Office.
- Accounts can be paid via mail by check only. Mail payments to Sacred Heart University, Attn: Office of the Cashier, 5151 Park Avenue, Fairfield, CT 06825
- Cash payments can be made in person at the Fairfield campus Cashier’s Office.
- International Students, review your payment options
- Credit Cards are not an accepted form of payment.
If you are not enrolled in a payment plan or paid in full by the due date per the pay in full schedule above, a late fee will be assessed at the rate of .75% per month on the unpaid balance (annual rate of 9%), such charge to be computed from the due date.
Option 3: Monthly Online Installment Payment Plan
The Monthly Online Installment Payment Plan schedules an automatic electronic transfer of funds from your checking/savings (USD) account directly to Sacred Heart University.
- All prior terms must be paid in full to enroll
- Monthly Payment Plans are administered by Sacred Heart University.
- Payment Plan Payment amounts are determined by the semester's outstanding balance 24 hours before scheduled payment plan payment net of approved and scheduled
- Enrollment benefits:
- More time to pay your semester's balance by deferment of payments
- Avoid interest
- Scheduled auto-pay payments allows for automatic payment to be deducted from your bank account (ACH checking/savings), ensuring all payment due dates are met
- Estimated Financial Aid funding is taken into consideration to reduce outstanding balance
- Monthly Payment Plans are NOT available for Late Spring and Summer.
- To enroll during the enrollment window, log in to your student account here
- $250 Minimum payment plan amount required
- If you are not enrolled in a payment plan or paid in full by the due date, a late fee will be assessed at the rate of .75% per month on the unpaid balance (annual rate of 9%), such charge to be computed from the due date.
- If you need to cancel your payment plan enrollment, submit a Cancel Payment Plan Request Form
Payment Plan Schedule:
May 15 - June 29, 2019
November 20 - November 29, 2019
# of Payments
June 30 - July 30, 2019
November 30 - December 30, 2019
# of Payments
July 31 - August 30, 2019
December 31, 2019 - January 30, 2020
- Payment Plan Adjustments: Adjustments will be updated automatically in accordance with adjustments to semester charges/other payments (including changes to Financial Aid award), notifications will be emailed monthly prior to payment due date.
- Limits to Payment Plan Enrollment: Only one payment plan is permitted per student, per semester. Installment Payment Plans are only offered for the Fall and Spring semesters. Amount of plan must be equal to or greater than $250.
- Late Enrollment: When enrolling into the plan after the first payment due date, the missed payment(s) will be required to be paid upon enrollment.
- Fees: The Payment Plan processing fee is $65 per semester. There are no fees for payments made via checking or savings.
- Payment Options: Payments are automatically debited from checking or savings bank account only. (USD) Credit/Debit Cards are not accepted.
- Financial Aid: Students receiving financial aid are responsible for paying the portion not covered by pre-credited aid according to the payment plan elected. The scheduled payment amounts will adjust according to changes to financial aid resources.
- Late Fees: If there is no enrollment in a payment plan or payment in full is not received by the pay in full due date, a late fee will be assessed at the rate of 0.75% per month on the unpaid balance (annual rate of 9%), such charge to be computed from the due date.
- Winter, Late Spring & Summer Sessions: There are no monthly payment plans available for these sessions. All prior terms must be paid in full in order to enroll in the payment plan.
- Scheduled Payments: If cancellation of the scheduled payment is elected, this will result in an automatic cancellation of the payment plan.
- Failed Payments: If the Monthly Online Installment Payment Plan payment fails or is not received in compliance with the payment plan due date, the agreement will be canceled. The University reserves the right to (1) prohibit participation in this payment option due to failed payments and/or (2) payment in the form of certified funds.
The University may elect not to have online financial services available during specific times.